The Toronto Association of Business Improvement Areas (TABIA) is the umbrella organization of Toronto’s 85 BIAs who in turn represent over 90,000 business and property owners.
- To promote strong, successful and effective BIAs in the City of Toronto.
- To encourage joint initiatives and collaboration that are mutually beneficial to groups within the BIA on issues and projects, including studies and research in marketing.
- To encourage and facilitate the exchange of information, experiences and ideas among BIAs through such means as our website, newsletters, seminars, workshops for the benefit of the BIA and their individual members.
- To assist BIA’s in pooling their resources to achieve the maximum benefit possible.
- To provide advocacy, to influence policies affecting BIAs, and to obtain support funds and services for BIAs from all levels of government, institutions, agencies and other organizations.
- To protect the interest of BIAs in government tourism policies and in the implementation of those policies.