Interested Canadian Companies Encouraged to Apply for the ShowNovember 17, 2011 – CBC is announcing that stars of Canada’s top-rated entertainment program
Producers of the exciting new series The Big Decision are currently searching for Canadian companies to participate in the show, which will give business owners an opportunity to receive no-nonsense advice and an investment from Canada's most successful and respected entrepreneurs.
In recent years, companies across the country have been dealing with big challenges: a high dollar, a weak economy and a severe credit crunch. The Big Decision is a new series here to help.
Each 1-hour episode will feature two separate businesses facing tough times. A Dragon will visit each company, roll up their sleeves, and put their expertise to work. If the Dragons think they can help turn things around, they'll be willing to invest their OWN money - and change the fortunes of good companies that have fallen on hard times.
The Big Decision is a once-in a lifetime opportunity for hard-working business owners to get the boost that their company needs to survive - AND thrive.
What kind of companies can apply?
- Must have been in operation for at least three to five years or more
- Gross revenue of at least $500,000 per year
- More than five employees
- Privately held business, family business, partnerships, limited partnerships
- Must be willing to commit to being filmed on camera for up to a two-week period
- A business registered in Canada
- Fluent English speakers
What are the benefits of applying?
- FREE top-notch business consultation: marketing, sales, inventory, financing, staffing, etc.
- All experts will visit the businesses personally - no travel necessary
- It's a chance to get an investment or loan to help the business when other sources have been exhausted
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. The Corporation is a leader in reaching Canadians on new platforms and delivers a comprehensive range of radio, television, Internet, and satellite-based services. Deeply rooted in the regions, CBC/Radio-Canada is the only domestic broadcaster to offer diverse regional and cultural perspectives in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages, plus seven languages for international audiences. In 2011, CBC/Radio-Canada is celebrating 75 years of serving Canadians and being at the centre of the democratic, social and cultural life of Canada.